HIGHLIGHTS OF THE GIMLI GLIDER EXHIBIT
- Theatre area complete with real aircraft passenger seats – watch a variety of stories, and film about the event from the comfort of a Boeing seat.
- Memorabilia of a large variety, with interesting stories about the evening on the runway after the landing.
- One of the BMX bikes of the boys on the runway.
- Captain Pearson’s donations from his extensive collection of items, awards, letters and editorial cartoons sent to him from around the world.
- Full scale Gimli Glider cockpit mockup, on site, with a computer generated simulator of a landing experience to the Gimli Airport.
- 3 window panel fuselage section from the actual Gimli Glider. Take your picture through a window of this famous plane.
- Tours for school groups, convention groups or other, enquire and we will explain what we have developed for a one of a kind tour of the Exhibit.
- The authenticated parts retrieved from the Gimli Glider retired to the Mojave Desert. Parts that played a role in Flight 143 Montreal to Edmonton.